Coursera Plus - Get Unlimited Access to 7,000+ Online Courses
ISRO Free Online Courses with Free Certificate
Disclaimer: This post is NOT sponsored. Some product links are affiliate links which means if you buy through those links, you won’t pay anything extra and we’ll also receive a small commission on a purchase.
ISRO Free Online Courses are offered as a part of the IIRS Outreach Programme.
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) offers free online courses across various topics including machine learning, GIS, etc. for students and professionals.
These courses are organized by Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, a premier institute for research, higher education and training in the field of Remote Sensing, Geo Informatics and GPS Technology for Natural Resources, Environmental and Disaster Management under the Indian Department of Space.
Participants completing these courses successfully will also be awarded with a free certificate.
ISRO Free Online Courses
Course Title: Basics of Remote Sensing, Geographical Information System and Global Navigation Satellite System
Date: August 16 – November 26, 2021
- Remote Sensing and Digital Image Analysis (16/08/2021 to 10/09/2021): Basic Principles of Remote Sensing, Earth Observation Sensors and Platforms, Spectral Signature of different land cover features, Image interpretation, Thermal & Microwave Remote Sensing, Digital Image Processing: Basic Concepts of Rectification and Registration, Enhancement, Classification and accuracy assessment techniques.
- Global Navigation Satellite System (13/09/2021 to 24/09/2021): Introduction to GPS and GNSS, receivers, processing methods, errors and accuracy,
- Geographical Information System (27/09/2021 to 22/10/2021): GIS, databases, topology, spatial analysis and open source software.
- Basics of Geocomputation and Geoweb Services (25/10/2021 to 02/11/2021): Geocomputation and Geoweb Services
- RS and GIS Applications (08/11/2021 to 26/11/2021): Agriculture and Soil, Forestry and Ecology, Geoscience and Geo-hazards, Marine and Atmospheric Sciences, Urban and Regional Studies and Water Resources.
1. Geospatial Modelling for Watershed Management
Date: August 02 – August 06, 2021
- Overview of RS and GIS applications in watershed management
- Digital Terrain analysis for watershed characterization
- Geospatial modelling for soil erosion assessment in watershed
- Land Use Planning & Soil and water conservation Measures
- Monitoring of watershed development programs using RS and GIS
2. Geospatial Technology for Hydrological Modelling
Date: July 19 – July 30, 2021
- Geospatial technology applications for Water Resources: An Overview
- Type of hydrological models and Spatial, Non-spatial Data Inputs for Hydrological Modelling
- Digital Elevation Model and its Derivatives for hydrological Modelling
- Rainfall-Runoff Modelling
- Snow/Glacier melt-Runoff Modelling
- Soil Erosion and Sediment Yield Modelling
- Flood peak Estimation using Hydrological Modelling
- River Flow Modelling using 1D Hydrodynamic
- Impact Climate Change on Hydrological Regime
3. Machine Learning to Deep Learning
Date: July 5 – July 9, 2021
- Remote Sensing and its sensors of various resolutions. Radiometry and Geometric corrections and Basic understanding of Image.
- Basic classifier to Machine Learning – A Journey.
- Methods in Machine Learning: Supervised, Unsupervised and Reinforcement.
- Fuzzy based machine learning with application in Temporal data processing.
- Network based Learning algorithms – ANN to CNN/RNN
4. Overview of Web GIS Technology
Date: June 21 – July 02, 2021
- Introduction to Client-server systems, Internet and Web GIS technology.
- Spatial SQL and Geo-visualization QGIS and Web.
- Web Mapping APIs – OpenLayers
5. Earth Observation for Carbon Cycle Studies
Date: June 21 – June 25, 2021
- Role of EO in Carbon Cycle Assessment : Status, Challenges and Issues.
- Measuring Ecosystem Carbon Exchange : Observational network, Instrumentation and advanced sensors.
- Up-scaling and Modeling of Carbon fluxes: Remote Sensing and Process-based modeling.
- Earth Observation and its role in Vegetation Carbon Pool Assessment.
- Earth Observation and its role in Soil Organic Carbon (SOC) Assessment.
How to Register?
Watch the video below to get more details about the free courses offered by ISRO and for the registration process.