IIT Madras has launched Cricket Hackathon 2021, which is based on cricket and coding, is going to be an exciting challenge for students and professionals who love to play around with data.
Cricket lovers who have zero experience in coding also have an opportunity to participate in this contest.
Total cash prize of IIT Madras Cricket Hackathon 2021 is more than ₹8 lakhs and an individual/team have an opportunity to win upto a maximum amount of ₹1 lakh each and participants will also get some other cool prizes from IIT Madras.
IIT Madras Cricket Hackathon Details:
- You can participate as an individual or as a team with a maximum of 4 members in this challenge.
- Last date to register for IIT Madras Cricket Hackathon 2021 challenge is April 25, 2021.
- IIT Madras will provide you with some data, sample input files and videos to learn about basic data science concepts and the data sets.
- You should write and submit your own code to predict the score at the end of 6 overs in each of the innings for upcoming T20 matches.
- For each innings of each match, the output of your code must be a single number, which is the score at the end of the 6th over.
- The individual/team with the lowest error in their prediction over 50 innings will be declared as the winner of the IIT Madras Cricket Hackathon 2021.
- A non competitive, “Guess the score” event is open to all the non-programmers who want to participate without writing any code.
This academic competition has been designed for beginners to learn and compete as well as professionals to demonstrate their capabilities.
Even those who are new to data science, but have the interest to learn can go through the resources available online and try participating by using simple mathematical models.
- Top 5 individuals/teams will get a cash prize of ₹1 lakh each along with the Certificate of Appreciation.
- Teams in positions 6 to 10 will get a cash prize of ₹25,000 each along with the Certificate of Appreciation.
- Teams in positions 11 to 50 will get a cash prize of ₹5,000 each along with the Certificate of Appreciation.
- IIT Madras t-shirts for unique winners getting into Leaderboard of the Day.
For other participants of the coding contest – Top 10 new winners who make it to the “Leaderboard of the day” will get t-Shirts from IIT Madras.
Watch the video below to get more details about the IIT Madras Cricket Hackathon 2021 and the registration process for the same by IIT Madras.
For more workshops and events – Click Here