Digital India Internship Scheme 2021
Digital India Internship Scheme 2021 is an opportunity for students to secure first hand and practical work experience under the guidance of a qualified and experienced Supervisor/Mentor. It also aims at active participation in the learning process through experimentation and putting into practice the knowledge acquired in the classrooms.
- Indian students from recognized universities in India who have secured at least 60% marks in the last held degree or certificate examination and pursuing B.E/ B.Tech, M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Sc.(Electronics)/MCA/ DoEACC ‘B’ level/LL.B shall be eligible.
- LL.B students would be considered for internship only in ‘Cyber Law/ IT Act’ area.
- The students who are in the last semester or who will pass out in summer 2021 will not be eligible for the internship.
- Candidates having exposure in the area of intended internship with good academic background and having higher qualification, based on need shall be given preference.
The minimum duration of internship shall be of two months, extendable up to three months, depending on the performance of the candidate, requirement of the Ministry and time the Intern is willing to spend with the Ministry.
The internship will be offered at New Delhi, India.
- The Interns will be shortlisted and selected by the respective organisations/Groups/Divisions for their concerned domain.
- For selection of interns, personal or Skype Interview, may be conducted, if deemed necessary. No TA / DA shall be paid to candidates for attending the personal interview.
- List of selected candidates would be displayed on the web portal.
- Interested and eligible students need to apply online ONLY on the Web Portal of Ministry for the Internship Scheme for the year 2021.
- Recommendation Letter from Sponsoring/Forwarding Institution where the applicant is currently enrolled in.
- When marks of pursuing degree are obtained in CGPA, a letter from Institute stating the formula used for conversion in percentage.
- Passport size photo and signature in digital format (png, jpg)
- A remuneration of Rs.10,000/- per month would be paid to an Intern, subject to satisfactory performance, duly certified by his Supervisor/Mentor.
- The remuneration shall be paid after the completion of internship on submission of Report duly accepted by this Ministry.
Certificates will be issued by the Ministry to the Interns on the completion of internship and submission of Report duly countersigned and accepted by the Competent Authority.
How to Apply for Digital India Internship Scheme 2021?
Watch the video below to get more details about the Digital India Internship Scheme 2021 and the registration process for the internship.