Apple recruits students for home advisor role which is a part time work from home job through Apple Support College Program.
The Apple Support College Advisor position allows you to join the Apple Support team while still being a student at a college or university.
As a Apple Support College Advisor, you are responsible for answering customers’ questions — over the phone or via chat — about Apple products, services, and accessories, including both software and hardware.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
You must be enrolled in classes at a designated college or university in United States (US) throughout your employment and have a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher.
- Availability to attend approximately six to nine weeks of required online training on a fixed schedule that may include weekends (training may be either 24 or 40 hours per week depending on hire date)
- Flexibility to work three, four hour shifts, on week days and one eight hour shift on Saturdays, including holidays, with the possibility to flex up or down hours depending upon business needs
- Successful completion of a pre-employment assessment and background check
- Successfully complete initial training
- Minimum typing speed of 40 WPM while in conversation with customers
- A quiet workspace, ergonomic chair, and desk
- High-speed Internet service
- Real passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience, including comprehensive issue resolution
- Potential for tailoring communication and style to differing audiences
- Able to self-manage and work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Teamwork mentality with aptitude for sharing expertise and appreciating feedback
- Effective time management including ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
- Ability to research and grasp technical information across multiple tools while talking with customers
- iOS, Smartphone, Tablet, PC or Mac experience
- Aptitude for acquiring skills in technical troubleshooting and an eagerness to learn while accepting new challenges
Watch the video below for more details.